Insurance Underwriting Asst-Detailed Documentation & Administrative Support
R&A has a full-time opening for an Insurance Underwriting Assistant. As part of our standard hiring process, please copy and paste the link below into your browser to complete a short survey:
Insurance Underwriting Assistant – Detailed Documentation & Administrative Support (on-site)
Are you an analytical and technical in nature? Is your communication style clear and concise? Do you have an attention to tasks, details, procedures and job assignments?
Based in Urbandale, Iowa, R&A Risk Professionals is the Managing General Agent for our parent company PMMIC Insurance. PMMIC’s primary line of business is pollution liability coverage for petroleum storage tanks. We operate in nine states throughout the US. We are A rated (excellent) by AM Best. We are looking for an Insurance Underwriting Assistant to support our expanding commercial lines business.
As a member of the Insurance Underwriting team, you will provide essential administrative support to our underwriters in evaluating and processing insurance applications. Your role will provide administrative support including; application processing, data entry and management and communication with agents, brokers and policyholders.
Our team consists of dedicated, caring professionals that consistently deliver exceptional service for our clients and vendors. We average over 20 years of service on our management team. Our family-orientated, small, but growing company environment is perfect for job seekers who value stability with a team that truly cares.
Our small company is growing, so if the opportunity and challenge of growth scare you, do not apply. We are looking only for high-performance candidates. Please visit our website to find out more about our team. If you are a fit, apply today, we will know if you have what it takes!
Insurance Underwriting Assistant Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Collect documents from agents, brokers and policyholders in reference to new insurance and renewal applications.
· Assist underwriters in preparing files/documents for review.
· Communicate with agents and policyholders with inquiries in a clear, concise and confident manner and direct calls as needed.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Insurance Underwriting Assistant Minimum Qualifications
· Dependable in attendance and punctuality with a strong work ethic.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data accurately.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and documentation.
· Ability to provide exemplary customer support.
· Proficient in using computer software applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn underwriting systems.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
· High level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
Insurance Underwriting Assistant Requirements
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Insurance related experience, preferred
· Obtain Iowa P&C Producer licenses in personal, property, casualty and Surplus lineswithin 90-days of employment.
· Successfully complete a background check
Insurance Underwriting Assistant Benefits
· Health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, paid sick leave and life insurance
Thank you for your interest in applying for our Insurance Underwriting position. As part of our standard hiring process, please copy and paste the link below into your browser to complete a short survey:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person